Search Engine Optimization and SharePoint 2010 Public-Facing Sites
Develop a global vision of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and search engine internals. Learn how to apply these techniques to SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online.
Duration: 16 hours
- Design SEO strategies to improve their ranking in search engines
- Develop SharePoint 2010 sites following SEO best practices
- Monitor efficiently their web sites using Monitoring Tools
”Magnificent technical knowledge and to a greater or lesser extent very good communication skills”
WHEN and WHERE is this course running?
What does this course cover?
During this Search Engine Optimization course that was developed in-house by SolidQ, you will develop a global vision of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and search engine internals. You will learn how to apply those SEO techniques to SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online.
The Search Engine optimization course is divided into four parts: SEO Overview, SEO and SharePoint 2010, SEO and SharePoint Online, and SEO Monitoring.
Who is this course designed for?
- General web developers and general content managers who want to learn SEO techniques to improve their raking
- SharePoint analysts, designers and developers who are in charge of public-facing web sites at SharePoint 2010
- Somebody who loves SEO and wants to learn a little more
Pre-requisites: What do you need to know?
- Familiarity with web sites content management or development
- Familiarity with HTML pages or SharePoint pages
All our courses can be offered as a private delivery and tailored for your team's specific needs
Module 01: Introduction to SEO
- Online Marketing
- What is SEO?
- What is SEM?
- What is SMO?
- What is SMM?
- Why SEO for SharePoint environments?
- Search Engines basics
Module 02: SEO Fundamentals
- SEO Pyramid
- SEO Process
- Making Findable Websites
- Making Relevant Websites
- Keyword Research
LAB 02A: Applying Keyword Research
- SEO Development Techniques
LAB 02B: Making an HTML Page SEO-Aware
- Link Building
LAB 02C: Researching your Link-Building Niche
- SEO Tools
Module 03: SharePoint 2010 Fundamentals
- What is SharePoint 2010?
- SharePoint Platform
- SharePoint Editions and Integrated Products
- SharePoint Capabilities
- Web Content Management in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 Publishing Sites
Module 04: SEO in SharePoint 2010
- Web content management (WCM) in SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint publishing sites
LAB 04A. Creating SEO Content Type
- SEO deficiencies in SharePoint 2010
- Off-Page Factors
LAB 04B. Creating Robots and Sitemap files
- On-Page Factors
LAB 04C. Extending SharePoint for SEO Page Factors
- Typical SEO problems
Module 05: SEO Monitoring Tools
- Keyword Research Monitoring Tools
- SERP monitoring tools
- Website Status Monitoring Tools
- Visits Monitoring Tools
LAB 05A: Using Monitoring Tools
WHEN and WHERE is this course running next?
This course may be scheduled in more than one region. Please check availability in your country.