Visualizing data with Power BI: Digital Story Telling
Furthermore, the student will learn about the basic concepts of financial modeling applied in real situations.
In-class Sessions – 2-Day Course
The training will be in a classroom with no more than 15 students in order to maintain a good level of interaction.
- Desire to learn about Power BI.
- Want to work analysing data.
- Understand the key capabilities and characteristics of modelling in Power BI
- See the different elements that can be created with Power BI
- Optimize Power BI models by using correct relationships and data types
- Design its own dashboards using the most common design tips
- Tell a dynamic story in Power BI
- Build reports for mobile devices
- Build report with Power BI Report Builder
- Learn the basic concepts of financial modelling
Besides, trying to share knowledge to community through SolidQ and personal blog, collaborating with TechNet performing webcast and speaking in events.
He collaborates actively at “The Business Analytics Blog” blog along with his SolidQ colleagues and got the Microsoft Active Professional award (MAP) in 2012.
He is experienced at textile, online gaming, retail, health system, communications, insurance, broadcasting services and social media.
He has experience in the textile, banking, food and collections industries.
Currently he is undertaking the Master in Microsoft business intelligence technologies. He also has been formed in an intern framework which make faster and reliable the ETL processes.
Module 0. Introduction and Setup.
- Course overview
- Course materials and Setup.
Module 1. Introduction to Power BI Desktop.
- How did we use to do BI?
- The evolution of BI
- How do we do BI?
- Why Power BI?
Module 2. Basic Dimensional Modeling.
- General concepts
- Dimensional modeling
- Elements of dimensional modeling
- Why modeling is important?
- Modeling in Power BI
Module 3. Visualizations
- Report view
- Chart suggestions
- Fields, format and analytics
Module 4. Interactions and Themes
Module 5. Storytelling.
- What is Storytelling?
- Why Storytelling?
- How can we achieve Data Storytelling?
- Different Storytelling scenarios.
Module 6. Dashboard Design Tips.
- Report vs Dashboard
- Understand your audience
- Design your narrative
- The “5th Second Rule”
- Logical layout “The Inverted Pyramid” and the “F Pattern”
- Minimalism: less is more
- S.C.R.A.P. Methodology
- Color theory
Module 7. Behind the Power BI Scenes
- Actionable elements
- Show data and see records
- Questions & Answers
- What If parameters
Module 8. Power BI Mobile
- Mobile support
- Mobile features
- Power BI mobile view
- Design considerations
- Report view in your mobile device
Module 9. Power BI Report Builder
- What is Report Builder?
- Report view
- Connecting to a data source
- Building the datasets
- Building a report
- Previsualize the report
Module 10. Real practical cases. Financial models
- Definitions and concepts
- Data sources
- Power BI modeling
- Design of metrics and financial reports