DeepDive Analysis Services - Building Models in SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Model
Tune SQL Server Analysis Services in tabular mode and experience the difference!
Duration: 8 hours
What does this course cover?
Building a proper data model for SSAS Tabular is crucial for the functionality and from a performance point of view. SSAS Tabular doesn’t have the same features as SSAS multidimensional. We are working with tables instead of dimensions; we have calculated columns and calculated measures; new language for defining measures (DAX) etc.
Pre-requisites: What do you need to know?
Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services
WHEN and WHERE is this course running?
Creating a BISM End-to-End: Understanding the Process
- SQL Server Data Tools for BI development
- The SSAS development process
- Define data sources
- Develop the model (multidimensional vs. tabular)
- Deployment and processing
- Calculated columns
- Calculated measures
- DAX and calculated members
- Key Performance Indicators
- Reporting properties for enhanced end-user experience