AI Bootcamp for Emerging AI Developers
Become proficient in Microsoft’s AI-oriented services.
Duration: 16 hours
Most challenges observed by customers in these realms are in stitching multiple services together. As such, where possible, we have tried to place key concepts in the context of a broader example.
This bootcamp will focus on hands-on activities that develop proficiency in AI-oriented services such as Azure Bot Services, Azure Search, and Cognitive Services.
What does this course cover?
At the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
– Understand how to configure your apps to call Cognitive Services
– Build an application that calls various Cognitive Services APIs (specifically Computer Vision)
– Understand how to implement Azure Search features to provide a positive search experience inside applications
– Configure an Azure Search service to extend your data to enable full-text, language-aware search
– Build, train, and publish a LUIS model to help your bot communicate effectively
– Build an intelligent bot using Microsoft Bot Framework that leverages LUIS and Azure Search
– Effectively log chat conversations in your bot
– Perform rapid development/testing with Ngrok and test your bots with unit tests and direct bot communication
– Effectively leverage the custom vision service to create image classification services that can then be leveraged by an application
Content sourced by Microsoft.
Who is this course designed for?
This workshop is intended for AI Developers on Azure. Since this is only a short workshop, there are certain things you need before you arrive.
Pre-requisites: What do you need to know?
Important Resources that need to be completed/installed and configured before attending the Boot Camp.
Firstly, you should have some previous exposure to Visual Studio. We will be using it for everything we are building in the workshop, so you should be familiar with how to use it to create applications. Additionally, this is not a class where we teach you how to code or develop applications. We assume you have some familiarity with C# (intermediate level – you can learn here), but you do not know how to implement solutions with Cognitive Services.
Secondly, you should have some experience developing bots with Microsoft’s Bot Framework. We won’t spend a lot of time discussing how to design them or how dialogs work. If you are not familiar with the Bot Framework, you should take this Microsoft Virtual Academy course prior to attending the workshop.
Thirdly, you should have experience with the portal and be able to create resources (and spend money) on Azure. We will not be providing Azure passes for this workshop.
All our courses can be offered as a private delivery and tailored for your team's specific needs
MODULE 1: Cognitive Services
- Setup assistance (if needed)
- Introduction and Context for Cognitive Services
- Lab 1.1: Simplifying Cognitive Services App Development using Portable Class Libraries
- Lab 1.2: Creating an Image Classification Application using the Custom Vision Service I
- Lab 1.3: Creating an Image Classification Application using the Custom Vision Service II
- Lab 1.4: Creating an Image Classification Application using the Custom Vision Service III
- Lab 1.5: Developing Intelligent Applications with LUIS
BUSINESS CASE I
- Cognitive Services
MODULE 2: Bots
- Lab 2.1: Developing Intelligent Applications with Azure Search
- Introduction and Context for Bots
- Lab 2.2: Bulding Intelligent Bots
- Lab 2.3: Log Chat Conversations in your Bot
- Lab 2.4: Testing your Bot
BUSINESS CASE II
Q&A AND FEEDBACK
WHEN and WHERE is this course running next?
This course will be delivered upon request at the client’s site.